All Bowman students (K-5) are invited to participate in our annual Science Fair.
The Science Fair is virtual this year. We hope your children will participate and share their interest in science as they’ve done in previous years! Here’s a short overview of this year’s Fair:
What’s the same…
- Student Scientists are welcome to work individually or in small groups.
- Students should design a project that answers a hypothesis by doing an experiment or demonstration. Visit the “What to do?” page for project design guidance. (Include link)
- Since we are not able to gather in person, students will share their projects in a Google slideshow (using their LPS, Bowman School account). Students are encouraged to include a combination of photos, videos, and text in their slideshows.
- Projects will be featured on the Bowman Science Fair website, and will be available for all of the Bowman community to view.
- Depending on student demand and the number of Visiting Scientist volunteers, students can opt to discuss their projects with a Visiting Scientist via a Zoom call. Zoom calls will likely be held among 2-4 student groups sharing their projects with the Visiting Scientist and their classmates in the same grade.
- Parents- your consent is needed! Please check the parent consent box on the registration form to allow your child’s image and/or name to appear on their slideshow.
- Parents- your consent is needed! If you would like your child to have a Zoom call with a Visiting Scientist, please check the parent consent box on the registration form.
- Registration opens: Monday, Dec 14
- Registration closes: Friday, Feb 5 – DEADLINE EXTENDED!
- Project slideshow links due: Sunday, Feb 21
- Visiting Scientist zoom calls (tentative): Monday, March 1 – Thursday, March 11
Preparing and sharing projects is easy!
- After completing their experiments, students will create a Google slideshow, using their LPS Bowman Google account.
- Slideshows can include text, photos, and videos.
- Important! Change the link sharing option from “Restricted” to “Lexington Public School” so the Bowman community can view your final presentation. Copy the link for sharing.
- Submit your finished science fair slide show link here: https://forms.gle/1ZmgXcBQdhHG2rFs9
- Share project slideshows with the Bowman community! All projects will be listed on the Science Fair website, with links to individual projects.
Visiting Scientist volunteers!
Are you a Bowman parent who has a STEM background who’s interested in sharing your love of science with Bowman students? If so, we invite you to be a Visiting Scientist. As a Visiting Scientist, we ask that you are available to meet at least one evening during the week of March 1 or March 8 (for about 2 hours) to host zoom calls with Bowman student scientists to discuss their projects. Also, Visiting Scientists must have an updated CORI on file at Bowman.
Visiting Scientist sign up
Visiting Scientist Meetings March 1-4:
We are looking forward to the student presentations and discussions with Visiting Scientists next week! Visiting Scientist Zoom sessions are scheduled from 6pm to 8pm next Monday, March 1 through Thursday, March 4. View the Visiting Scientist meeting schedule for each student team here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v2KcU_SQ-HseKB7soXTfhfeYyZXhNtjD3C2A5hK865o/
Thank you to the all the Bowman parents who volunteered to be Visiting Scientists!
Questions? Email the Science Fair team email@example.com.