Bowman Spirit Wear is Back!
As requested, Bowman professional and warmer spirit wear is here. Please visit this website to browse the wonderful offerings (they make great gifts too!). So you don’t miss out, this spirit wear sale will have multiple deadlines to get orders from now through mid-December. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
We need volunteers to support Bowman and ensure our planned events happen. See our Open Volunteer Opportunities and express your interest using our Bowman PTO Volunteer Interest Form in Membership Toolkit (login required). We need volunteers for:
- Math Materials Volunteers: a few Thursday mornings a month to assemble kits for our new Illustrative Math Curriculum.
- Book Fair Volunteers: set-up, preview/wishlist helper, cashier, and clean-up opportunities from Oct 21 – 28. Help make our book fair great!
- Big Backyard Volunteers: Fall walks are happening now – don’t miss out. Volunteering is usually around an hour commitment and no experience necessary.
- We need volunteers by the end of November for the following events to make sure these programs happen: Stories Under the Stars literacy family event (Jan 2023), Family Math Nights (Jan & Feb 2023), and Bowman Writes Coordinators. We also need Families in Need coordinators and Lost & Found coordinators.
- Lunch Volunteering: every day when lunch is served for 2 shifts a day: Grades K-2 (10:50-11:55am) and Grades 3-5 (11:55am-1pm).
- All of our volunteer opportunities are located conveniently on the Volunteer page on our portal.
- All volunteers must have a CORI Check to volunteer.
See below for signups, orientations, and events – we hope to see you soon!
Bowman Spirit Wear - FINAL DEADLINE
December 2, 2022 11:45 pm - 11:59 pm
Order spirit wear here - this is the FINAL deadline for regular Bowman spirit wear this academic year.
Bowman WECO Week #2
December 7, 2022
Order at https://bit.ly/weco-bowman for delivery December 12-16.
"Second Step" Holiday Gift Card Drive - Last day to drop off donations
December 13, 2022
This year the Bowman community is once again partnering with The Second Step Organization, a non-profit based in Newton, MA (www.thesecondstep.org). Please drop off gift cards during rolling car or in the collection box in the Bownman Lobby. Thank you for your generosity.
Bowman WECO Week #3
December 14, 2022
Order at https://bit.ly/weco-bowman for delivery December 19-23.
Bowman Holiday Staff Appreciation - Drop-off
December 19, 2022 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Signup and drop off appreciation goodies for Bowman Teachers and Staff.
Bowman WECO Week #4
December 21, 2022
Order at https://bit.ly/weco-bowman for delivery December 26-30.
Cradles to Crayons Warm Winter Clothing Drive Deadline
December 22, 2022 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm
We are collecting new or gently used warm winter clothing (long sleeves, long pants, sweatshirts, etc.), footwear (incl. winter boots), and winter coats in ALL YOUTH SIZES and Adult Small/Medium. See these guidelines and please drop off all donations to the Bowman Lobby by December 22, 12pm.
Bowman Read-A-Thon Begins
December 23, 2022
Winter Break Begins
December 26, 2022
Bowman Read-A-Thon Ends
January 2, 2023
We hope everyone had fun reading over winter break! Submit your reading minutes at
Winter Break Ends
January 2, 2023
PTO Meeting - Virtual (Zoom)
January 4, 2023 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Family Math Night (Grades 4 & 5) - Bowman School
January 10, 2023 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 16, 2023
Bowman Stories Under the Stars / Book Swap
January 26, 2023 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Family Math Night (Grades 2 & 3)
January 31, 2023 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Family Math Nights are a great way for students and their families to experience the fun of math together.
If you have questions, or if you would like to join our team to help with planning Family Math Night events, email email@example.com