Bowman Student Entrepreneur Marketplace
Saturday, March 16, 2024, 10am-12pm
Register by Mon, Dec 11th to attend the first workshop!
We are thrilled to announce a BRAND NEW Bowman event! We recognize there are a lot of talented and creative Bowman bears – crafters, painters, photographers, card makers, origami folders, knitters, potters, sewers, soap makers, jewelers, game designers, authors and more! Our new event is a chance for student entrepreneurs to connect with Bowman and Lexington community buyers. Students can work independently or as part of a small group (maximum 4 kids per group), although they do not need to know this at the time of registration. Throughout the three-month ‘preparation’ period from December to February, our pre-event workshops will give students of all grade-levels the opportunity to learn about business innovation and entrepreneurship topics.
- Students should make at least 90% of their creations on their own, and families provide all materials for creating the student’s products.
- Students/families will be responsible for collecting payments at their station, and students will keep all their earnings.
- Parent involvement is essential. We ask that parents volunteer either for a morning workshop and/or on the day of the event, if at all possible.
- Students can work individually or in a small group (4 students maximum), although they do not need to know this at the time of registration. If known already, please indicate on the form. Each student participating must pay the $10 registration fee.
- Morning workshops are a drop-off activity (unless you are volunteering), but the Marketplace on March 16th is not a drop-off event.
- Fee helps PTO cover the custodial costs of hosting a weekend event at an LPS facility and materials and supplies for the workshops and event set-up.
- Each student must register and pay separately, even if they are part of a group.
- A fee waiver is available to anyone who needs it. Please email presiden[email protected]. We want all students to be able to participate!
Marketplace shopping will be open to the Bowman and Lexington Community; ONLY Bowman students may register to participate as Entrepreneur Marketplace vendors.
Workshop Dates & Details* (all workshops are 8:00-8:45am at Bowman):
December 14: Ideation, market research and coming up with your product idea
January 11: Creating and pricing your product
February 8: Marketing ahead of the event, and elevator pitch for event day
April 11: What to do with your earnings: savings, investments and re-investing into product
*Note: Attendance at workshops is not mandatory in order to sell at the marketplace. These are optional sessions.
We are also looking for parent volunteers to help lead any of the pre-event programming* and/or day-of logistics on Saturday March 16th. If you are interested in joining, please email [email protected]. We hope students will enjoy the opportunity to sell their own creations, and learn valuable business and life skills along the way.