Planning PTO Events: How To’s
Hello PTO Volunteers,
- [email protected]: Our PTO Board mailing list is set up so we can easily communicate with each other. Please feel free to post questions, requests from other Board Members (volunteer or equipment needs) or for any other PTO business. We will also use this group to post PTO meeting minutes, meeting reminders, etc.
- [email protected]: We will be your main liaison with Bowman’s principal. Instead of contacting the principal directly, please send us your ideas, dates, flyers or anything that needs approval. This way we keep the Q&A/flyer approval process streamlined. Keep in mind we are a 70+ member group and this is the best way for the principal to field our questions. We appreciate your understanding.
- ‘@bowmanpto.org‘ emails: Look on our website (bowmanpto.org) if you need to look one up (including your own). Please use the .org emails instead of personal emails on flyers and group posts. You can also use them in the “Reply To:” section of your emails so replies go to your whole committee (see above).
Planning/booking your event:
- Send the date of your event to [email protected] so we can clear it with the school.
- Once the date is approved, forward the event date and description to the Website Coordinator, at [email protected], so it can be posted in our PTO calendar. And check out further directions at Website Posting Guidelines.
- If your event takes place at any school or town property, you need to fill out a Building Use Form: http://lps.lexingtonma.org//site/Default.aspx?PageID=1251
All “event planners” are responsible for their event promotion. You are encouraged to use the following:
- Website: www.bowmanpto.org (Again, send event date and description to [email protected])
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BowmanLexPTO (Please post your own event info or send info to [email protected] to request permission to post)
- Broadside: email monthly submissions to [email protected] (deadline for submissions is the Thursday before the 1st of the month)
- Weekly Email: email weekly submissions to [email protected] (deadline for submissions is the Thursday before the Monday of publishing)
- Google Group:
- Flyers, Posters, Banners, and Sandwich Board: see Get the Word Out for important information about printing.
For more information about all of these methods of event promotion see: Get the Word Out.
For promotion outside of the Bowman community, please see Marketing Your Event Outside of Bowman.
Don’t hesitate to contact the PTO Co-Presidents ([email protected]) if you have any questions.